The Environmental Change Network is a multi-agency organisation co-ordinated by the UK Centre for Ecology & Hydrology on behalf of the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) and other ECN sponsors.
The organisational structure of ECN comprises:
- Steering Committee (SC) of representatives from each sponsor
- Scientific and Technical Advisory Group (STAG)
- ECN Central Coordination Unit (ECN CCU), located at UKCEH Lancaster
- ECN monitoring sites funded by sponsors and operated by research partners.
- ECN policy and finance are decided by the Steering Committee
- Technical development and data analysis issues are considered by the STAG
- Network coordination and communication are managed by the CCU*
- Data management is the task of the CCU*
- Environmental monitoring and research, including data collection and initial processing takes place at sites.
*Resources for the CCU are currently very limited.